Saturday 16 July 2011

Campaign Guide temporarily on hold

I had hoped to release the Age of Shadow Campaign Guide this weekend, but if I'm going to make it a commercial product (at a similar price to The Little Book of Dungeons) then I'll probably have to rename everything in the entire book.

The reason for this is because I have constructed all the place names, item names, and NPC names with Tolkien's Sindarin elvish (or at least pidgin-sindarin) - which might cause me a problem in the future.

I've done some research online, and I think I might be safe to leave it as it is, as the copyright of individual word elements is probably invalid (and there are a lot of band/song names in elvish, and I specifically remember a 3rd edition D&D book by Mongoose Publishing having ship names in Sindarin), but I'm probably going to err on the side of caution with this one.

Obviously that means the maps will have to be changed too - so I've got quite a bit of work ahead of me.

Anyway, I just thought I post an update on where I'm at with the guide.



No comments:

Post a Comment