Friday 25 January 2013

Treasures in the Attic



As most of you are probably already aware, Wizards of the Coast has started to re-release a few pdf versions of some of their older D&D books/modules over on RPGNow and DriveThruRPG (or if your prefer, their own dndclassics.com storefront) - and from what I can gather, these are new (and improved) scans, that are also fully bookmarked.

And although I have a few issues with WotC pulling the pdfs from the aforementioned stores several years ago, you can't ignore that fact that there's been a bit of a buzz regarding this first batch of re-releases.

Anyway...

...somewhat coincidentally, I've recently dug these out of the attic (I was actually looking for my original 40k 'rogue trader' rule book - which I still haven't found), and so I thought I would share a quick pic of my old D&D books:


However, I don't actually remember playing the game all that much (I think a friend might have run a couple of games for a few of us before switching to something else), but I definitely remember that it was the first RPG I ever played ...and subsequently (as soon as my birthday came around), the first RPG I ever owned.

Oh ...and there's also a character sheet for Questor the elf (who took on the Ghost of Lion Castle solo adventure, and probably died a horrible death):


...who coincidentally looks somewhat like Questor from the original Gauntlet game (which was another favourite of mine at the time) :)

Anyway, getting back to my original topic, I think that it's great to see some of these books/modules making a return in pdf form, and I'm now hoping that some of these are also made available as print on demand booklets at some point in the near future.



Note that you can grab B1 - In Search of the Unknown for free during the opening week (as well as a couple of other titles).




No comments:

Post a Comment