Monday 4 January 2016

One Mini Every Week #1

I'm not normally one to make new year's resolutions and all that, but this year I've set myself the goal of painting at least one miniature every week.

You see, I've amassed quite a collection of the little blighters over the years ...and I've probably only painted a fraction of what I actually own - so it's time I did something about that :)


- just a small selection of some of my unpainted minis -

Now, some of these mini's might be OOP by now - but whenever possible I'm also going to try and provide the manufacturer's name, and a link to their website/store (assuming one is still available) ...just in case anyone is interested to learn where I purchased it from.

So, without further ado - here's this week's mini:



This one is an 'orc of the lost mountains' - a single piece metal miniature by Midlam Miniatures.

The miniature itself comes on a small integral base - but I have set that into a regular 25mm base for a bit of added stability (as I'll be doing with all of these mini's - see the bottom right of the first photograph to get a better idea of what I mean).

On the whole I think it's quite a nice miniature; it took the washes pretty well and is not overburdened with too many bits of unnecessary equipment (which I hate painting) - though it was a little hard to determine if he was wearing chainmail or fur ...but I've gone with chainmail :)

* * *

Anyway, I'm sure I'm not the only one out there that has tons of unpainted metal and plastic miniatures lying around ...so if you feel like joining me, please feel free to check out/use the #oneminieveryweek hashtag over on G+ and FB, or post a link to you blog etc., so that I can follow along :)

4 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic Orc. I'm going to join you on your painting mission.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've been thinking about picking up a few more orcs from their range ...but I've probably got too many unpainted mini's as it is :)

      Delete
  2. Good job on the orc. I really hope he finds his mountains some day. I've taken to selling some of the minis I just know I'm never going to get to paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selling mini's :O ...perish the thought!
      Seriously though, I should probably do something similar myself.

      Delete