Thursday 13 December 2018

Crafting Encounters : Room 1

Back in August I mentioned (over on the YouTube channel) that I was thinking of putting a few 'encounters' together which utilised some of the print & paste dungeons that I've been making.

Similarly, on the odd occasion I've also mentioned how I've used some of the 'rooms' that I've drawn for the Patreon campaign (like the 'troll hole' from back in June) in my games.

Well, I recently had the idea of combining all of these things (i.e. the print & paste terrain, the VTT maps, and D&D 5e dungeon encounters) into short booklets that can be downloaded from the DMsGuild ...and I'm pleased to say that the first one is now available:


Each booklet will be little more that a single encounter (that can be slotted into an existing adventure -or- used for inspiration when designing your own), with the first part detailing the encounter itself, while the second part runs through which bits of terrain you'll need to build (with links to the corresponding YouTube videos).

Furthermore, I'll also be including VTT map tiles* of the same rooms (that are compatible with all of the other tiles from the Patreon campaign) - so that we can also use the tiles when playing online (though this first encounter might need to be changed a little if you're not gaming in person ...as you'll see when you read through it).


However, I will admit that this first one is a bit of an experiment (to test the waters so to speak), so if you do pick it up (it's a pay-what-you-want booklet over on the DMsGuild) I'd love to hear what you think ...and also be sure to let me know if you'd like to see more of this kind of thing.

That being said, there is nothing revolutionary on offer here ...just an encounter ...in a dungeon ...all statted up and ready to go!


*note that I'll also blow these up to miniatures scale for those that play in person, but don't have the time/inclination to build the 2.5D terrain pieces - so hopefully, all bases have been covered :)

No comments:

Post a Comment