Monday 17 June 2019

Patreon (VTT tiles) Update

I'm halfway through this year's 'caves' project (i.e. the modular cave tiles that I've been creating for use with virtual table tops), and I'm pleased to say that I've just completed the basic set of small cave tiles :) :) :)

This means that I've finally got all the basic configurations covered (i.e. passages with one exit, passages with two exits, passages with three exits, etc.) - as well as several 'feature caverns that have been suggested by some of my kind Patrons (as seen below).


So, here's a quick look at the kind of thing that you can make with these now...


...and I have to admit that I'm quite happy with the result :D

However, when you piece them together, you are going to get a slightly unrealistic 'modular tiles' look (which is hard to avoid when using modular tiles ...obviously) - but the plan going forward is to create a few larger caverns (made up of 4 or more tiles themselves), which should help to mix things up a bit.

Basically ...something similar to these old black & white tiles here:


Anyway, a big thank you goes out to everyone who supports my endeavours over on Patreon. As I've always said, the aim has never been to hide any of these tiles/maps behind a paywall or anything like that (as I want them to be available for everyone to use) ...so your continued patronage really helps to keep the project alive. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Really cool! I am linking folks here from my blog/podcast this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like 'em :) (and thanks for the upcoming mention on the podcast ...reminds me, I need to catch up on a number of 'anchor' shows - including your own).

      Delete